fire department & ems
- In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- Local alerts, including weather and road work, are available through Nixle’s website or via text.
- Pine Mountain Volunteer Fire & EMS, established in 1977, responds to emergencies on Pine Mountain. Fire dues, $120 annually, are required for all properties with electrical service. Fire Chief is Jon Head. The department can be reached at 205-681-3443 or via email.
- Remlap Fire and EMS District is an all-volunteer fire department with two stations located on or near Highway 75 in Remlap. They can be reached at 205-681-6020, through Facebook, or via email.
- Holly Springs Volunteer Fire Department covers the Holly Springs community of approximately 500 households in Blount County and St. Clair County. The department can be reached at 205-467-7141, email@example.com, or through Facebook.
medical care for humans & animals
Check hours before you go. An appointment may be required or may reduce your waiting time. If you would like a suggest a facility, please do.
- Urgent Care & Emergency: American Family Care in Trussville, MedHelp in Trussville, Trussville Urgent Care, Stopwatch Urgent Care in Springville, Ascension St. Vincent’s Blount in Oneonta
- Emergency Vet: Pinson Animal Hospital, Animal Hospital PC in Oneonta, Emergency Pet Care in Trussville, Veterinary Specialists of Birmingham on 280, Steel City Emergency Vets in Hoover
- Springville’s three shelters open whenever a tornado watch is issued for St. Clair County. [St. Clair County EMA]
- Palmerdale’s shelter is located next to the fire station at 5340 Miles Springs Rd. It was built in 2020. The Palmerdale Fire District FB page posts when the shelter is open.
911 address sign project
The red address signs you may have seen on Pine Mountain mailboxes help first responders (and couriers) find your home. Road sign-grade aluminum signs are available from Pine Mountain Fire & EMS for $20, including installation, paid prior to or at the time of installation. To order, provide your address in one of these ways:
- Text Firefighter & EMT Judson Black, 205-493-0423
- Call Captain Ryan Alexander, 205-237-0277
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org