To suggest an addition to this listing, see Contribute.
parks & outdoor
- Enjoy the Bluebird Trail, ballfields, swingset, and jungle gym at Pine Mountain Community Center.
- The Ridge Outdoor Resort on Pine Mountain caters to motorcycle, four-wheeler, and side-by-side riders of all ages and abilities.
- Big Canoe Creek Kayaking in Springville offers kayak rental and shuttling from May through Labor Day.
- The 466 acre Turkey Creek Nature Preserve is home to incredible scenery, hiking trails, swimming holes, and 7 protected species.
- With a creek, paved walking path, trees, splash pad, playground, small amphitheater, party room, and restrooms, Pinson Bicentennial Park is a fun place to visit. Dogs on leash are welcome!
- Cosby Lake Park in Clay is also open to humans and leashed dogs. The 1.8 mile walking path circles the lake.
- A 4 mile path around the Trussville Sports Complex and next to the Cahaba River welcomes hikers and mountain bikers.
- Daily or summer passes are available for the splash pad and pool at the Oneonta Aquatics Facility.
- North of Oneonta, Palisades Park offers scenic views, nature trails, a playground, lodges, pavillions, and rock climbing, including trips led by Alpha Expeditions.
- Alabama Scenic River Trail maps 5,300 miles of rivers and streams, plus access points, campsights, and other amenities.
- The Red Rock Trail System is a network of over 125 miles of trails, parks, bike lanes, and sidewalks in Jefferson County.
- Spot the wildlife and plants while hiking 14 miles of trails at the 1,000 acre Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve in the South East Lake neighborhood of Brimingham.
Schedules can change – confirm before attending and please let us know of any updates.
- Yoga by Nancy leads mat and chair yoga in Oneonta, Springville, and Pinson. April Cook of Try Yoga With Me teaches Vinyasa yoga in Springville.
- Zumba with Barb (and on FB) offers Zumba cardio dance at Cross at Clay Baptist Church in the fall and winter and Bear Mountain Blueberry Farm in Springvile/Clay in the summer. Free Zumba classes may also be available through the City of Pinson. Sparta Gym in Pinson may offer Zumba and Hip Hop Xtreme Fitness.
- Pickleball is available in Clay and at several Trussville venues. It appears that play is usually free, and some venues provide paddles and balls. Reservations may be required or recommended. Online information appears to be outdated; contact Jarick Rager for info, 205-533-2777. For lessons, call 205-508-0003.
- Lit tennis courts are available at Clay Pickleball & Tennis Center (free use) and Trussville Racquet Club (membership or pay-per-use).
- Trussville hosts basketball, disc golf, softball, volleyball, and futsal (indoor soccer) for men and women.
- A variety of group exercise classes and facilities are available through the City of Pinson (held at Palmerdale Community Center), The Gym in Oneonta, the City of Trussville Fitness Center, and East Pinson Valley Rec Center in Centerpoint.
- Martial Arts training is available with Sifu Lamar M. Davis (Jeet Kune Do) in Oneonta and at the City of Trussville Fitness Center.