A festival every month (April–october)
To learn of upcoming events, visit Bluegrass Jamboree on Facebook. At each Jamboree:
- Enjoy and participate in live music on stage: jamming starts at 1 pm, open stage at 3 pm, house band Pine Mountain Bluegrass Band at 5 pm, featured band at 6 pm.
- From 4–7 pm the concession stand offers hot dogs, bologna sandwiches, chips, soda, and water. Proceeds support PMCC.
A tradition at Pine Mountain since 2006, Bluegrass Jamboree events attract locals and visitors alike for jamming, open stage, and live shows by the house band — Pine Mountain Bluegrass Band – and featured bands from the Alabama Bluegrass Music Association.
Bluegrass Jamboree events are held monthly from April through October on the 4th Saturday of the month, including the Pine Mountain Bluegrass & BBQ Fundraiser each June.) Free parking, free entry. For additional information, contact Mickey Dooley.
bluegrass jamboree photo galleries
- Clear Blue Sky 09.24.2022
- Another Town 08.27.2022
- Allen Tolbert Unit 07.23.2022
- Annual Bluegrass & BBQ 06.25.2022
The Pine Mountain bluegrass tradition was founded by Mickey & Connie in 2006. The Annual Bluegrass & BBQ Fundraiser began in 2009.
In several summer 2022 conversations, Mickey & Connie spoke of the history of bluegrass on Pine Mountain.