Local exchange strengthens the community and encourages honest and friendly trade. When we hire locally or work locally, we connect with and support our neighbors while decreasing our costs and reclaiming our time and energy. So, on this site we promote businesses and services from individuals who are invested in our area and who are recommended by neighbors. As always, please use due dilligence. To add a (free) listing for your service or business, see Contribute.
For art, craft, and custom creations, see Handmade.
- Insurance – Nathan Falk of Falk Agency [205-693-8880, FB] in Springville, is a neighbor to and supporter of Pine Mountain.
- Realty – Becky recommends Carolyn Spain [205-493-2963].
- Notary Service – Connie Dooley, Kimberly Hallmark Russell, and Melia Farlow on Pine Mountain; Amy Kelley and Tracy Black in Remlap; Trussville Public Library. Notary Public Records can be verified on the Alabama Secretary of State website.
- Health Coaching – Becca recommends Linda.
auto & small engines
- Phillip Frost Transmission in Remlap [205-681-5181, FB] is operated by residents of Pine Mountain.
- Safin Perleberg works on small engines like weed eaters, lawnmowers, blowers, and edgers. He lives on Pine Mountain, and is recommended by Brenda and Mallory. See Safin's page for details.
landscape & trees
- If there is an unwanted snake on your property in Pine Mountain, Remlap, and Springville, Tony Updike [256-787-8397, FB] will remove the snake safely, at no charge. Live and let live! Another option is Alabama Snake Removers [256-626-8807, FB].
- Keith Landscaping Company & Nursery Sales [205-681-8787, FB] in Clay is recommended by Brooke and Jamie for their mulch delivery and other services.
- Central Seed & Supply [205-467-9095] in Springville offers mulch delivery, gardening supply, and custom blended seeds.
- Chad at ArborServices, Inc [205-644-0754] offers tree trimming, stump grinding, and tree removal, including 24-hour emergency service. Based in Pinson.
- Fortson Hauling and Excavation [205-557-8099, FB] offers transportation of heavy equipment, land clearing, debris removal, natural disaster clean-up, and excavation. Based in Oneonta.
- ETS Restorations [205-209-7787, FB] offers tree trimming, stump grinding, tree removal, landscaping, and outdoor spaces. Based in Remlap. Caution: see Jolie's experience.
construction, HVAC, painting, plumbing, electrical, water
- Anthony offers custom milled boards up to 3 ft. wide.
- Tim Hudson's HVAC service is recommended by Crystal and several more Pine Mountain residents. Based in Remlap.
- Keith the Plumber is recommended by Bobbie Moore and Patty.
- For well-related services, Crystal recommends Arab, Alabama-based Wenger Well Drilling, offering drilling as well as installation and repair of pumps and water lines.
- H & H Construction & Excavating Co. [205-369-6721] offers grading, clearing, basements, ponds, driveways, and hauling gravel, brush, dirt, sand, etc. In business for nearly 40 years in Remlap.
- Joshua McClintock, Kingdom Connection Handyman & Home Improvement [205-484-5512, FB], does pretty much everything, and can refer the rest. Free estimates. Based in Springville.
- Generations Painting [205-353-6785] offers interior and exterior painting. Based in Remlap.
- ETS Restorations [205-209-7787, FB] offers home renovation and construction projects under $10,000 and roofing projects under $2,500. Based in Remlap. Caution: see Jolie's experience.
- Witcher Home Improvement [256-727-0045]. Based in Cullman.
interior & exterior cleaning
- Britney at Alabama's America Maid [205-203-6683] offers residential and commercial cleaning. Based on Pine Mountain.
- Joseph at HouseWashers, LLC offers exterior pressure washing. Based in Grayson Valley (Old Springville Road).
- Michelle's Wash & Fold [205-304-9274, FB] offers laundry services with pickup and delivery. Based in Remlap.