Churches & Cemeteries
churches on pine mountain
- Lee’s Chapel United Methodist Church is located at 4377 Pine Mountain Road in Remlap, next to Pine Mountain Community Center. Website, FB.
- Pine Mountain Community Church is located at 2678 Valley Grove Road in Remlap, at the corner of Pine Mountain Road and Valley Grove Road. For events in the Fellowship Building, turn into the parking lot from Pine Mountain Road; the building entrance is on the right. Website, FB.
- Providence Reformed Baptist Church is located at 250 Pine Mountain Circle in Remlap. Website, FB.
cemeteries on pine mountain
- The earliest known cemetery is County Line Cemetery, also called Phillips Cemetery and Buck Ridge Cemetery, located at 773 Buck Ridge Road, Remlap. It was originally established with the circa-1875 County Line Primitive Baptist Church; the church is now in Allgood. In 2013–14 County Line Cemetery was enhanced with fencing built by Pine Mountain resident Taylor Humphrey, shrubs and rose bushes planted by Effie Blackwell, and a sign created by Ronnie Woods and installed by Taylor and his father Doug Humphrey. Photos and other information is available at Find A Grave’s page on County Line Cemetery.
- Pleasant Mount Cemetery is located on Pine Mountain Circle next to Providence Reformed Baptist Church (the former Pleasant Mount Baptist Church).
- A third cemetery is located beside Lee’s Chapel, at 4377 Pine Mountain Road.
annual june memorial & july cleanup
The 2022 memorial service at Pine Mountain Community Church was hosted by Bro. Michael Duckworth on Sunday, June 12 at 10:30 am, and followed by a covered dish lunch. Grave decoration, for all who have family and friends buried at Pleasant Mount and Lee’s Chapel cemeteries, was on or before Saturday, June 11, 2022. Decorators were asked to return before July 1 to collect any items.
A cleanup of Pleasant Mount and Lee’s Chapel cemeteries was last held on Friday, July 1, 2022. To help remove tattered decorations, email Pleasant Mount Cemetery.
Brenda, Jean Blackwell Woods, and Kevin provided the history of County Line Cemetery. Gwen provided the information about Pleasant Mount and Lee’s Chapel cemeteries and the memorial events.